SBus PCMCIA Adapter

Charlie Livingston charlie at sysninjas.com
Tue Nov 30 06:48:18 PST 2004

I'd be more then happy to test whatever code I can.

After a little more investigation, It looks like the hardware needs some sort of
a shim to work.  Under OpenBSD the PCMCIA card is detected as attached to another
device named 'stp'.  After a little more searching, it looks like stp is a driver
that provides an interface between the actual PCMCIA sockets and the PCMCIA nexus.

Some more searching pointed to this code for NetBSD to support this interface;
located at the following URL: http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/src/sys/dev/sbus/stp4020.c
Although I'm relatively useless for coding, if anyone has the inclination to port
this over, i'd be more then happy to lend whatever help I can in testing this.

Thanks for all the input.

--
Charlie Livingston           "What we need to do is take the warning