installation

Chuck Robey chuckr at chuckr.org
Sun Nov 21 16:06:54 PST 2004

On Sun, 21 Nov 2004, Sten Spans wrote:

> On Sun, 21 Nov 2004, Chuck Robey wrote:

> > The system, in all 5 terminal options, is totally ignoring the cursor
> > keys, can anyone tell me if there is something to do here that will get
> > them working?  You can't do an install without the cursor keys, you can't
> > even do partitioning.  I can't get the system installed.
>
> use the serial console, or read the mailinglist archives
> about graphical console installations and how to get full
> graphics support going.
>
> This really needs to be added to the 5.3 release notes,

Boy is that right ... I wouldn't have bothered you if the release notes
had been anywhere near correct.  I really make some effort not to bother
without need (I'm not perfect in this, but I make an effort),

Chuck Robey         | Interests include C & Java programming, FreeBSD,
chuckr at chuckr.org   | electronics, communications, and SF/Fantasy.

New Year's Resolution:  I will not sphroxify gullible people into looking up
fictitious words in the dictionary (on the wall at my old fraternity,
Signa Phi Nothing).