local-mac-address

Gill, James jamgill at mci.com
Tue Mar 30 13:36:47 PST 2004

Hi,

>From the archive (and my experience yesterday) it seems that setting
local-mac-address? to true in the OpenBoot does not get seen by the OS yet
(5.2.1-p3).  I have a need to configure different MAC addresses for each
interface on the system therefore, I need to manually set 'ifconfig
hmeN ether 0a:0:20:00:00:N' for each of my interfaces at each boot.

Now my question:  where is the best place to do this?  I've poked through
the stuff in /etc/rc.d/ and /etc/defaults/rc.conf and don't see the
obvious place for this.  perhaps /usr/local/etc/rc.d/?

Thanks,

--gill