sparc64 on donovan

a clever sheep aard at perilith.com
Mon Mar 22 09:25:59 PST 2004

On Mon, Mar 22, 2004 at 06:44:32AM -0800, Mark Cartwright wrote:
> I've actually installed freebsd/sparc64 5.2.1 on a Sun
> Netra V100, which is similar in concept to the machine
> you describe (sparc64 processor, IDE disks).  My
> Ultra-10 that I use at home also has this in common.

sorry to reply to a reply but i've lost the original message.

according to the spec page it says it's using an ultra axe mainboard
with a 300mhz cpu on it.  i have one of those that i got from ebay some
time ago and it was running some version of 5 with a working vinum for
quite a while.  i don't recall any difficulties installing and using it,
however i did perform a network install rather than trying to use local
media.