Openboot device path.

Mark Campbell mark at redbrick.dcu.ie
Sun Mar 21 21:11:18 PST 2004

On Sun, Mar 21, 2004 at 10:44:17PM -0500, Ken Smith stated:

> Try just "boot disk" and see if that does the right thing.  If the
> Openboot firmware isn't horribly messed up that should know which
> device the hard disk is.

I tired this, it tried to boot off

/pci at 1f,0/pci at 1,1/ide at 3/disk at 0

HOwever it simply reports,

"No boot record found"

I'm thinking two things

* Openboot is trying to boot off the wrong disk; is there any way to list the
  devices on the system so I can try them manually, or even better which ones
  I can boot from.

* Even though I followed all the steps from sysinstall, it's possible that a
  boot sector (MBR in intel world), however unlike the normal sysinstall I
  wasn't prompted to install a loader after the disk partitioning table.

If I can prove any extra information, please don't hesitate to ask,

Thanks for your time and troubles.

--
regards,
	-mark