buildkernel fails

Brian J. McGovern bmcgover at cisco.com
Tue Mar 2 06:34:40 PST 2004

I'm no expert on Sparc, but this has a classic symptom of bad memory or the
supporting hardware.

For chuckles, try rerunning the command w/o cleaning up in between. If you
eventually make it through, odds are, its RAM. Depending on how bad the ram
is, you may have to do this alot (had a bad x86 box, recently, where a
buildworld took some 30 attempts, but made it).

If it was dying in the same place repeatedly, I'd suspect bad code, and then
bad tools, in that order. :)