FreeBSD on an Ultra2?

Joerg Wunsch j at ida.interface-business.de
Thu Jun 10 20:55:58 GMT 2004

As Mykel wrote:

> If I do a loopback mount of the .iso, can I export that to be /cdrom
> as in your example?

That's basically what I did, yes.  (Except that the `loopback mount'
is called `mdconfig' in FreeBSD. ;-)

> Could I then just symlink the boot image?

Offhand I'm not sure whether tftpd does a chroot() to its base dir or
not.  If it does, you cannot symlink it to outside the chroot'ed area.
I copied /cdrom/boot/loader over to /tftpboot/boot/loader, and made
the symlink there.

> As for the E450... well... I just want some big hardware like that :)
> Maybe I'll get my sister in Amsterdam to pick it up ;)

Ha ha, still, shipping it from Dresden to Amsterdam would cost a
fortune.  Anyway, I'm quite happy I've got that box to play with.
It's probably the largest machine so far I've been able to run
FreeBSD on.

--
J"org Wunsch					       Unix support engineer
joerg_wunsch at interface-systems.de        http://www.interface-systems.de/~j/