NIS issues with -current on sparc64

Bill Fenner fenner at research.att.com
Thu Jul 15 16:10:20 PDT 2004

Hi,

  I'm having trouble getting my sparc64 back to running -CURRENT.
It was last running 5.1-CURRENT (yes, I've been out of things for
quite a while, I guess).

  I'm running
/usr/sbin/ypbind -S attlabs,mpnis1.attlabs.att.com,mpnis2.attlabs.att.com -m
(neither of our NIS servers are on our subnet).  As far as I can tell,
all this tries to do is contact portmap via IPv6 multicast.  It doesn't
try unicast, and it doesn't try IPv4 unicast or broadcast.

  Before I look more deeply into this, has anyone seen this before
or does anyone have advice on where to look?

Thanks,
  Bill