Gearing up for 64-bit time_t on sparc64

Tillman Hodgson tillman at seekingfire.com
Sat Jan 10 13:39:53 PST 2004

On Sat, Jan 10, 2004 at 02:20:57AM -0500, Garance A Drosihn wrote:
> After reading over what Harti had done, and staring at the
> standard makefiles awhile, I ended up writing one helper-
> script.  With this helper-script, the upgrade to 64-bits
> went fairly smooth.
<snip>
> I hope to do a repeat test of all of this work sometime over
> the weekend.  I also might try to make some more improvements.

Thanks for doing this work and making your notes public. As a sparc64
user (running a public web site and hosting mailing lists) I appreciate
any effort to make the 64-bit time transition smoother, and success
stories with detailed notes definitely help :-)

-T

--
Laws to suppress tend to strengthen what they would prohibit.  This is the fine
point on which all the legal professions of history have based their job