Openoffice on sparc64

David Gilbert dgilbert at dclg.ca
Tue Feb 17 20:41:21 PST 2004

>>>>> "Kris" == Kris Kennaway <kris at obsecurity.org> writes:

Kris> On Tue, Feb 17, 2004 at 09:45:03PM -0500, David Gilbert wrote:
>> Openoffice seems to require java.  The ports install of Openoffice
>> proceeds to try to install the FreeBSD java that bootstraps itself
>> with linux java.  Of course, the linux java doesn't run on sparc64.
>>
>> Are there sparc64 java binary packages that run on FreeBSD ... or
>> is there some other bootstrap mechanism that I can follow?

Kris> Not yet, but someone posted here the other day asking for
Kris> technical assistance in porting jdk13 (no response to the list
Kris> yet).

I don't suppose binary compatibility with solaris is good enough to
give us a leg up?  Does java cross compile in any way?

Is it possible to get openoffice working without java?

Dave.