sparc64/62448: Terminal Type during install

Jack Liddle liddle at thphys.ox.ac.uk
Fri Feb 6 12:31:40 PST 2004

>Number:         62448
>Category:       sparc64
>Synopsis:       Terminal Type during install
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
When I boot from the CDROM I get as far as choosing a terminal type to run sysinstall with.  All the terminals suffer the following

Garbled out put:  Lots of peculiar characters which aren't present in the manual screenshots
Arrow Keys not working: I can't move up and down the menus.
Screen Refresh (xterm).  When I select a particular menu option, the menu overlays the old one without deleting it.  Everything gets confused and unreadable.

I've seen this mentioned elsewhere at bsdforums.org but no fix is suggested.

>How-To-Repeat:
Reboot, rinse repeat