zs(4) works [was "Garbage thrown into console"]

R. Tyler Ballance tyler at tamu.edu
Wed Dec 22 07:22:02 PST 2004

> Starting inetd.
> Starting background file system checks in 60 seconds.
>
> Sun Dec 19 04:24:46 CST 2004
>
> FreeBSD/sparc64 (ares.agentdero.com) (screen)
>
> login: Dec 19 04:24:47 ares getty[402]: open /dev/ttyz0: No such file
or
> directory
> Dec 19 04:24:47 ares getty[400]: open /dev/ttya: No such file or
> directory
> Dec 19 04:24:47 getty[400]: open /dev/ttya: No such file or directory
>
> FreeBSD/sparc64 (ares.agentdero.com) (ttyy0)
>
> login:

Taking out those entires made everything work, keep in mind, this is
over the serial connection; so ttys was trying to open a tty that was
already in use. I've noticed no problems in using the console now, I
think it's safe to commit, for the list, the patch is here:
http://alchemy.franken.de/~marius/zs_nwo.diff

Marius may choose to change this around some, but as it is presented
there (with the minor changes to /etc/ttys) it works perfectly!

-R. Tyler Ballance