-current build from today dying in `less`

Tillman Hodgson tillman at seekingfire.com
Tue Aug 17 18:40:50 PDT 2004

On Tue, Aug 17, 2004 at 09:13:12PM -0400, Ken Smith wrote:
> I'm at a loss - I've done three machines today with no similar problems.

That's good to hear, in the sense that at least it's /supposed/ to build ;-)

> Can you check /etc/make.conf to see if anything odd has snuck in there?

Sure. /etc/make.conf looks like this:

[root at caliban /usr/src]# cat /etc/make.conf
# Kernel options
KERNCONF=CALIBAN GENERIC
#KERNCONF=CALIBAN

# Performance options
COPTFLAGS= -O -pipe
CFLAGS= -O -pipe
NOPROFILE= true
NOUUCP= true

# Common options
NOPROFILE=true
KRB5_HOME=/usr/local

# -- use.perl generated deltas -- #
# Created: Mon Aug  2 12:52:34 2004
# Setting to use base perl from ports:
PERL_VER=5.8.5
PERL_VERSION=5.8.5
PERL_ARCH=mach
NOPERL=yo
NO_PERL=yo
NO_PERL_WRAPPER=yo

I can't see anything that might cause an undefined reference.

I also checked for cvsup refuse files, there doesn't appear to be any.

I'm also at a loss.

> I have also seen builds freak out if your system time is too far away
> from reality

Time is derived from NTP, and a quick check shows that it's on the
money.

> but most people have that problem while making the jump over the
> time_t transition and you said you're past that.

Yes, I'm much past that -- that was a fairly hairy update, back in the day ;-)

-T

--
... the most palpable description of bread is that of hunger.
	Tadeusz Rozewicz