Sun Gigaswift card

Ken Smith kensmith at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Fri Aug 6 17:28:48 PDT 2004

On Fri, Aug 06, 2004 at 12:27:27PM -0500, Jim O'Gorman wrote:
> Just a quick question to confirm: The Sun Gigaswift card is not
> supported on FreeBSD Sparc64, correct?
>
> Looking at http://www.freebsd.org/releases/5.1R/hardware-sparc64.html#ETHERNET
> it shows the GEM driver, but that driver is not seeing the gigaswift
> card, so I just wanted to confirm that it is not something I am doing
> wrong.

Correct, it's not supported.  The GEM driver in FreeBSD supports the
ethernet controller that's on the SunBlade-100 systems which isn't
the same ethernet controller as what SUN calls the GEM interface.

>From the gem(4) manual page:

     The gem driver provides support for the GMac Ethernet hardware found
     mostly in the last Apple PowerBooks G3s and most G4-based Apple hardware,
     as well as many Sun UltraSPARCs.

--
						Ken Smith
- From there to here, from here to      |       kensmith at cse.buffalo.edu