Odd problem with ofw_console on Ultra-10

Garance A Drosihn drosih at rpi.edu
Tue Aug 3 16:54:04 PDT 2004

At 2:24 PM +0900 8/3/04, Pyun YongHyeon wrote:
>On Tue, Aug 03, 2004, Garance A Drosihn wrote:
>  > At 12:07 PM +0900 8/3/04, Pyun YongHyeon wrote:
>  > >
>  > >Here is untested patch(copy & pasted). I thought Peter Grehan
>  > >already committed it since it also breaks powerpc console.
>  > >Rebuilding new kernel now and let you know the result.
>  > >
>  > >+++ ofw_console.c       Tue Aug  3 11:54:27 2004
>  > >-               tp->t_cflag = TTYDEF_CFLAG;
>  > >+               tp->t_cflag = TTYDEF_CFLAG | CLOCAL;
>  >
>  > It looks like that hasn't been committed yet.  I'm going to
>  > let my active buildworld/kernel finish [...]. After that, I
>  > will try the above update and see if that solves the problem
>  > I'm seeing.  Thanks!
>  >

>Ok, seems to work here(single->multi->single->multi) on Ultra2.
>If that patch work on Ultra-10 too, it shoud be committed
>ASAP. Thank you.

This update solves the problems I had reported.  Seems to be
working fine now.  It works fine for me even if I take the
default value for kernel-option OFWCONS_POLL_HZ.

I can commit it if no one else has the time to, but for now I will
assume that it would make more sense for someone else to commit it.
Let me know if you'd want me to do the commit.

Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   gad at gilead.netel.rpi.edu
Senior Systems Programmer           or  gad at freebsd.org
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute    or  drosih at rpi.edu