makeworld problem on sparc

Garance A Drosihn drosih at rpi.edu
Fri Sep 26 16:54:03 PDT 2003

At 7:34 AM -0400 9/25/03, Jason wrote:
>I did  rm -Rf /usr/obj/src/* and redid the
>cvsup and make buildworld and got the same thing..

I just did a buildworld/installworld and it completed OK.
Did you do:     rm -Rf /usr/obj/src/*
(which is what you said above),

Or did you do:  rm -Rf /usr/obj/usr/src/*
?

>my supfile looks like this:
>    [...etc...]

Well, your cvsup file looks pretty similar to mine, except
that where you have:

>src-all
>#cvs-crypto

I have:
src-all
src-crypto
src-secure

I doubt that explains the errors you're seeing, though.  I'm
not even sure there's any reason for me to include the extra
lines these days.

I also use a different cvsup server (cvsup12.FreeBSD.org),
but I suspect we'd be hearing from more people if there was
a problem with cvsup16.FreeBSD.org.

About all I can suggest right now is that you also try:

rm -Rf /usr/src/contrib/gcc
rm -Rf /usr/obj/usr/src

and then do another cvsup and buildworld.

You wouldn't be running out of disk space would you?  In
either /usr/src, /usr/obj or /tmp?  What flags do you have
in /etc/make.conf?  All I have in mine is:

CFLAGS= -O -pipe
USA_RESIDENT=           YES
WITHOUT_X11=    YES
KERNCONF=Ultra10-GAD

Apologies if none of this helps you much, but I can't do
much more than say "it's working for me, here...".

Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   gad at gilead.netel.rpi.edu
Senior Systems Programmer           or  gad at freebsd.org
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute    or  drosih at rpi.edu