E3000 and SUNW,fas

Dean Strik dean at stack.nl
Mon Sep 1 12:20:36 PDT 2003

Hi list,

The Sun Ultra Enterprise 3000 series is not supported by FreeBSD, at
least it's not listed in HARDWARE.TXT of FreeBSD 5.1-RELEASE. My E3000
locks up during device probing (with the 5.1R install CD).

In dmesg (which I have not included yet as I currently have no serial
access yet) I see that SUNW,fas does not appear to be supported, hence I
see no drives. Does someone have any insights as to whether the SUNW,fas
will be supported?

Cheers,

--
Dean C. Strik             Eindhoven University of Technology
dean at stack.nl  |  dean at ipnet6.org  |  http://www.ipnet6.org/