sparc64/57856: sparc64: IDE Raid controller no detect discs

Søren Schmidt sos at FreeBSD.org
Tue Oct 28 23:18:34 PST 2003

Synopsis: sparc64: IDE Raid controller no detect discs

State-Changed-From-To: open->analyzed
State-Changed-By: sos
State-Changed-When: Tue Oct 28 12:10:34 PST 2003
State-Changed-Why:
This wont work since the sparc doesn't run the BIOS on that controller.
This means that interrupt routing etc wont be configured right in the
chip, and hence we wont be able to use it.
This could be dealt with to some extent in the ATA driver, but I do
not want to go there as it opens up cans of worms..