vm_fault for pbuf on sparc64

Hidetoshi Shimokawa simokawa at sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Wed Oct 1 08:58:15 PDT 2003

At Wed, 1 Oct 2003 16:41:31 +0200,
Thomas Moestl wrote:

> On Mon, 2003/09/29 at 11:44:02 +0900, Hidetoshi Shimokawa wrote:
> > I have a problem with handling of pbuf on sparc64.
> > My driver's strategy() routine will write pbuf by CPU rather
> > than DMA by the device. I confirmed that the pbuf is mapped in
> > pmap_qenter() but I got a vm_fault for the access to the pbuf.
>
> Hmmm. Can you please post the code in question, so that I can take a
> look?
>
> 	- Thomas

The code is in p4.
fwmem_strategy() is in:
//depot/user/simokawa/firewire/sys/dev/firewire/fwmem.c
callback routine is called from:
//depot/user/simokawa/firewire/sys/dev/firewire/fwochi.c
//depot/user/simokawa/firewire/sys/dev/firewire/firewire.c

Is there any way to investigate page table in DDB?

Thanks,

/\ Hidetoshi Shimokawa
\/  simokawa at sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp
PGP public key: http://www.sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp/~simokawa/pgp.html