Upgraded to latest -current today, boot hangs on "ata3: resetting devices"

Tillman Hodgson tillman at seekingfire.com
Sun Nov 9 23:43:22 PST 2003

On Sat, Nov 08, 2003 at 07:29:59PM +0100, Anders Andersson wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 07, 2003 at 01:05:59PM -0600, Tillman Hodgson wrote:
> > What's the last -current date that a kernel boots for you?
>
> I use a kernel from Oct 21.

The error message that I'm hanging on ("resetting devices") is found in
/exports/usr.current/sys/dev/ata/ata-all.c. which was last updated Nov
3. I suspect a kernel and world from Nov 2 would thus be okay.

Unfortunately, my CVSup-foo isn't up to the task of grabbing a
particular date (though I think "*default date=" will do the trick).
Come to think on it, that's a short-term solution anyway - it doesn't
actually fix anything. I'll just keep an eye on that file for commits
for a bit. It'd be great if http://www.freshsource.org was up and
running :-)

-T

--