kernelbuild failure

Ward Viaene ward at webware.be
Sun Nov 9 15:26:18 PST 2003

Hi,
I am trying to do a make buildkernel KERNCONF=GENERIC in /usr/src, using
FreeBSD 5.1 (uname: FreeBSD 5.1-RELEASE #10: Mon Aug  4 00:10:10 CEST
sparc64), after a while I get this error:
./aicasm -nostdinc -I-  -I. -I/usr/src/sys -I/usr/src/sys/dev
-I/usr/src/sys/contrib/dev/acpica -I/usr/src/sys/contrib/ipfilter
-I/usr/src/sys/cam/scsi -I/usr/src/sys/dev/aic7xxx -o aic7xxx_seq.h -r
aic7xxx_reg.h -p aic7xxx_reg_print.c -i
/usr/src/sys/dev/aic7xxx/aic7xxx_osm.h
/usr/src/sys/dev/aic7xxx/aic7xxx.seq
./aicasm: 879 instructions used
make: don't know how to make /usr/src/sys/libkern/arc4random.c. Stop
*** Error code 2

Stop in /usr/obj/usr/src/sys/STORM.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.

There was an admin before me who administrated the sparc, so I contacted
him and he did a make installworld before he booted the new kernel.

I tried to set a *default date in my supfile to august 4, did a cvsup, a
buildworld, installworld and a buildkernel, but I still had got the same
error. After that I edited the supfile again, did the cvsup, buildworld,
installworld en buildkernel again (back to the normal 5.1 release), but
still the same error.

I don't know what to do now, some suggestions can help.

Ward