XFree86 on Ultra 5?

Oliver Fromme olli at secnetix.de
Tue May 20 02:23:59 PDT 2003

Hi,

Does XFree86 run with FreeBSD on an Ultra 5?

I have this Ultra 5 on my desktop and need to decide whether
to install Solaris 9 or FreeBSD.  I'd rather prefer FreeBSD,
because (a) the box has only 128 Mbyte of RAM, and (b) I prefer
FreeBSD anyway.  :-)

However, X11 is a must, because it will be primarily used as
an X terminal (only few local programs will be run).

I've searched the archive, but haven't found any information
whether XFree86 runs with FreeBSD/sparc64 on an Ultra 5 ...

Thanks in advance!

Regards
   Oliver

PS:  No need to Cc me.  I read the list.