Can't write partition information

James Taylor jtx at hatesville.com
Thu May 8 14:50:24 PDT 2003

I have three disks, da0,da1 and da2 I'm trying to create new partitions
for.  Disklabel doesn't work, so
I'm running sysinstall.  I was able to re-partition the drives in the
past, but I've created/deleted each
probably 2 or 3 times now. Now, whenever I try and write updated
partition data, I'm getting
"Error: Unable to write data to disk da0!".  Same thing goes for disks
da1 and da2.  Not doing anything too exotic here in the layout either.
Pretty basic actually:

Disk: da1       Partition name: da1     Free: 0 blocks (0MB)

Part      Mount          Size Newfs   Part      Mount          Size
Newfs
-----
da1d      /b          34985MB UFS1+S Y

No matter what I do, it keeps telling me it's unable to write data to
the disks.  Any ideas on this one?