MozillaFirebird with libthr on sparc64 dies with SIGILL

Mike Makonnen mtm at identd.net
Sat Jun 21 10:22:36 PDT 2003

On Sat, 21 Jun 2003 04:06:20 -0700
Kris Kennaway <kris at obsecurity.org> wrote:

> I thought I'd try libthr to see if it fixes the crashes/hangs I'm
> seeing with MozillaFirebird on sparc64, but it dies with a SIGILL
> during startup.  libpthread is unimplemented on sparc64.  Any ideas?

[snip]

> Core was generated by `MozillaFirebird-bin'.
> Program terminated with signal 4, Illegal instruction.
> #0  0x0000000041a64d20 in ?? ()
> (gdb) disassemble 0x0000000041a64d20
> No function contains specified address.
>
> (gdb) bt
> #0  0x0000000041a64d20 in ?? ()
> Cannot access memory at address 0x7fdffed9fb8

I was looking into libthr and sparc64 the the other day. I know that all the
necessary functions are implemented, but I don't know if they need tweaking or
not. OTOH I have seen similar results when linked against C++
applications.

Sorry I can't be of more help at the moment :(

Cheers.
--
Mike Makonnen  | GPG-KEY: http://www.identd.net/~mtm/mtm.asc
mtm at identd.net | D228 1A6F C64E 120A A1C9  A3AA DAE1 E2AF DBCC 68B9