missing serial devices on NetraX1

akela at terminal.cz akela at terminal.cz
Thu Jun 12 05:35:19 PDT 2003

 John-Mark> Honza Dusak wrote this message on Wed, Jun 11, 2003 at 11:18 +0200:
 >> Yesterday I installed FreeBSD-5.1BETA on NetraX1 and I wanted
 >> to use the serial B port as a network interface ( slattach ) .
 >> But I cannot find any notice about serial drivers in the dmesg
 >> output and neither there is no ttyb ( or cuaa* )  device at
 >> /dev directory .
 >>
 >> Please, can anybody advise what can be missing ?

 John-Mark> I think you have a similar box to mine, which uses an ALi
 John-Mark> south bridge for serial.

 John-Mark> The problem is that you can't have both serial (sio) ports
 John-Mark> running at the same time otherwise you might lock up your
 John-Mark> box.

 John-Mark> Try adding:
 John-Mark> hint.sio.1.at="isa"
 John-Mark> hint.sio.1.port="0x2E8"
 John-Mark> hint.sio.1.irq="4"

thank you, this did the trick .  I have also noticed the sio driver
is commented at GENERIC on the sparc-64 archicture .

--
Honza Dusak