ircd-hybrid...

Juli Mallett jmallett at FreeBSD.org
Wed Jul 30 14:19:47 PDT 2003

* Kris Kennaway <kris at obsecurity.org> [ Date: 2003-07-27 ]
	[ w.r.t. Re: ircd-hybrid... ]
> On Sun, Jul 27, 2003 at 08:04:23PM +0300, richard at uclinux.net wrote:
> > Good evening (o;
> >

> > Finally got FreeBSD 5.1 up and running on my Sunblade 100 (o;
> >

> > Tried today installing ircd-hybrid and modified ircd.conf for
> > a simple setup...
> >

> > When I try to connect to the ircd server the CPU load gets
> > up to the limit...eating up all CPU resources...and the ircd
> > can't be killed anymore...
> >

> > any1 using ircd on FreeBSD?
>
> It's quite possibly a code bug and the software does not work on
> 64-bit or big-endian architectures.  You should ask the developers
> whether the software is known to work on sparc64 machines
> (e.g. under Solaris)

Hybrid 7 works on *many* big endian systems and as far as I know a
number of 64-bit ones, too.  Relevant people to talk to would be (from
README.PLATFORMS):

SPARC        Forte C v6,v7    Solaris       Joan Touzet <joant at ieee.org>
SPARC        gcc              Solaris       Joan Touzet <joant at ieee.org>
SPARC        gcc              Linux         Aaron Sethman <androsyn at ratbox.org>
Alpha        DEC C V6.0*      OpenVMS 7.2   Edward Brocklesby
                                                <ejb at sdf.lonestar.org>
Alpha        cc               Tru64 5.2b    Joshua Kwan <joshk at triplehelix.org>
PA-RISC 2.0  cc               HP-UX B.11    Yusuf Iskenderoglu
                                                <uhc0 at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de>

With Joan and AndroSyn being the most likely useful people to figure
such out with.  Or contact the port maintainer.  Or maybe there's a
bug somewhere else.

Thanx,
juli.
--
juli mallett. email: jmallett at freebsd.org; efnet: juli; aim: bsdflata;
i have lost my way home early - i don't care cause i won't stay there.