Netra X1 - Status query and stupid question

Pete Bentley pete at sorted.org
Mon Jul 28 04:51:38 PDT 2003

Hi,

Just wondering what the status is with regard to drivers for
the X1's onboard Davicom ethernet?  Trawling through the list
archive, the most recent relevant post seems to be:-

>Date:      Mon, 20 Jan 2003 09:46:48 -0800
>From:      Maxime Henrion <mux at freebsd.org>
>[...]
>The dc(4) driver needs to be converted to the busdma API before working
>on sparc64.  It's next on my TODO list and I'll take care of it once I'm
>finished with fxp(4).

I'd be willing to help out with this assuming I can get a suitable
dev box going (most of my machines are FreeBSD 4.x/i386) - would
have to be in my "copious" spare time though.

Which leads on to the stupid question... I was trying to install
fbsd 5.1 onto the X1 from CD... Which works fine up to a point,
ie I can create the filesystems, but then the way the sparc64 CDs
are laid out bites me... The distribution sets are on a different
CD to the boot image and there doesn't appear to be a way to
swap CDs mid-install.

So, am I missing something obvious? Or is the CD thing a no-go
and I'll have to install via SLIP or some such?

Pete.