Sparc Binaries on FreeBSD-Sparc64

John-Mark Gurney gurney_j at efn.org
Tue Jul 15 18:13:17 PDT 2003

Scot W. Hetzel wrote this message on Tue, Jul 15, 2003 at 18:34 -0500:
> I'm updating the MS FrontPage port, and they have Sparc Solaris 2.7, 2.8
> binaries available for the MS FrontPage Extentions.  Will binaries compile
> for Sparc Solaris 2.7, 2.8 run on FreeBSD-Sparc64?

There is the svr4 emulation layer, but it doesn't work under sparc64
yet.  This is complicated by the fact that svr4 is for 32bit binaries
and currently sparc64 only runs 64bit binaries.

I have done some work on making svr4.  I have gotten it so that the
elf32 binary from solaris is dispatched to the svr4 emulation layer,
but it promptly fails due to no having completed the svr4 layer for
signal delivery and the like.

So, no, but it'd be great if someone got it working.

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579