[-CURRENT tinderbox] failure on sparc64/sparc64

Marcel Moolenaar marcel at xcllnt.net
Tue Jul 15 12:42:29 PDT 2003

On Tue, Jul 15, 2003 at 09:35:43PM +0200, Harti Brandt wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Jul 2003, Marcel Moolenaar wrote:
>
> MM>On Tue, Jul 15, 2003 at 09:00:17PM +0200, Dag-Erling Sm?rgrav wrote:
> MM>
> MM>> There's not much more I can say about it until I see the full
> MM>> log from the next run; the last one broke at a different point.
> MM>
> MM>The first question is: what process is dumping core. I think
> MM>you'll find that with dmesg(8).
>
> For more than one week the sparc build dumps core at different points
> while compressing man pages. Perhaps a gzip problem?

Likely, but not guaranteed. I don't know if gzip has finish if the
coredump happens. I don't even know if the tinderboxes are parallel.

The point is that I can not explain the failure as being caused by
cross-build bugs if it's gzip. Since I did a cross-build yesterday
without problems, but also without rescue I can not entirely rule
out that rescue still has a cross-build bug.

 Marcel Moolenaar	  USPA: A-39004		 marcel at xcllnt.net