bug in port security/nbaudit ...

John-Mark Gurney gurney_j at efn.org
Mon Jul 7 15:02:03 PDT 2003

peter bartoli wrote this message on Mon, Jul 07, 2003 at 14:44 -0700:
> ... if you type in an IP versus a hostname on sparc64 (or at least my
> sparc64), the address shows up as zeroes ... just a heads-up.

Inform the nbaudit author that he is not using a proper data type to
represent an ip address.  He is probably using u_long instead of in-addr_t
(aka uint32_t).  (This doesn't show up since the alpha is little endian
and luckily sticks the "ip" in the proper place.)

His program is broken on all LP64 big endian platforms.

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579