blades' support

Doug White dwhite at gumbysoft.com
Fri Dec 12 18:03:59 PST 2003

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003, Ilmar S. Habibulin wrote:

> On Thu, 11 Dec 2003, Doug White wrote:
>
> > > Does somebody working on ati rage xl & usb keyboard-mouse for blade 100?
> > USB should be working, but no X support as of yet.
> So i can be able to compile in usb&ukbd and this will work?

Should. I don't have a blade to test with, but I think a few people do and
they haven't been complaining.

> I have strange panics if i use ofw_console (screen + keyboard, non
> serial) and login in remotely. I can issue a few commands remotely, them
> machine panics. And keyboard is dead, i can't type commands in DDB prompt.

USB may be protected by Giant, so while you won't be able to get in via
that method, if you can reproduce it on serial console a serial BREAK
there should drop you into ddb.

> Kernel was built from sources ~5.2-BETA or older. Maybe i should use
> dumpdev to force it create crashdump to investigate panics?

That'd be useful, as well as the actual panic messages.

> ofw_console works very slow, so i want to try to write driver for vga card
> for syscons&sparc64. I'm not experienced in driver programming, so i've
> asked if someone is already working on it. If not -- is there any tips
> that may help me?

There's a creator driver already in the tree.  You'd need to know ATI card
internals, though.