ram for topdog board ?

John-Mark Gurney gurney_j at efn.org
Thu Dec 11 15:05:54 PST 2003

Maxim Mazurok wrote this message on Thu, Dec 11, 2003 at 23:39 +0200:
> hov mutch?
> it's depends from your tasks.
> FreeBSD running width two 32Mb DIMMS...
> but buildworld running about 50 hours :)
> i working width 4x128Mb (buildworld 6-7 hours)
> in this memory i run NFS server, BGP router (zebra width 3 full-view) and
> some more small tasks.
> and... i don't know, AXe may not worked width 256m DIMMs
> i think it needs 128Mb maximum per one dimm.
> and your need pairs for normal start. one DIMM not worked in AXe.

I have a SUNW,UltraAX-e2, a Netra AX1105-500 (UltraSPARC-IIe 500MHz),
and it can take 512MB dimms, and supports only one dimm at a time..
When I first started using the system, it had 2gb of memory, but I
need to take some memory out since crash dumps at 3.33meg/sec IDE PIO
takes a long while.

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579