SUNRays

Wesley Horner wesman at nucflash.com
Mon Dec 8 16:29:36 PST 2003

On Dec 8, 2003, at 1:27 PM, Andrew Boothman wrote:

> The rays depend entirely on their host server for all computation, I
> don't think they even have any local memory so they are not simply a
> diskless box in the usual sense - as they would normally have local
> CPU and memory.

They actually have a sparcIIep processor and 8 megs of ram.  The
ancestor was the javastation which in its first incarnation was
packaged in a diskpack enclosure.  It later got stripped down to 8 megs
of ram and got a prettier case and a new name.

http://sunsolve.sun.com/handbook_pub/

Look under Miscellaneous Systems.

Wes