FreeBSD 5.1-RELEASE on SunFire V100

Rob MacGregor rob_macgregor at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 28 06:03:56 PDT 2003

>From: Pete Bentley <pete at sorted.org>
>
>Depends what you mean by "live". FreeBSD/sparc64 is definitely
>getting there but (at least on this low-end hardware) I don't think
>it's production quality yet...
>
>I had one IOMMU-related panic last night, but unfortunately lost
>the details (unexpectedly short xterm scrollback, sorry) about
>an hour *after* it completed a cvsup+make world... And then there
>was the vfork()/perl weirdness just recently.
>
>I'd say hammer on it and track down/report/fix bugs but don't use
>it for an application where crashes are unacceptable.

Well, I've just proven that any attempt to ping causes an IOMMU fault :-(

I'll be using NetBSD on this box by the looks of things.  If I get another
box and enough spare time I'll raise a bug report.

  Please DO NOT send me ANY email directly unless it's a privacy issue.
       Reply-to mangled to assist those who don't read the above.
--
Rob  |  What part of "no" was it you didn't understand?