LOCK_PROFILING

Pramod Srinivasan pramod at juniper.net
Wed Aug 19 06:46:07 UTC 2009

Hi Folks,

I have a difficult problem I am stuck with,  we had ported LOCK_PROFILING to
FreeBSD 6.1 and is working fine on mips, but fails miserably on i386.

Just enabling lock profiling by the sysctl causes the cpu to reset.

root at bcdcpu3% sysctl debug.lock.prof.enable=1
debug.lock.pr?  << cpu resets here

Has any one seen similar issues? Any pointers on where to start debugging
this issue?

The suspicion is that the spin-lock is perhaps contributing to the problem,
but have not been able to get to the bottom.

Thanks,
Pramod