multi-threading with gcc43 openmp on dual core

B. Estrade estrabd at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 12:09:00 PDT 2007

On Wed, Oct 17, 2007 at 08:34:07PM +0200, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> I dunno if there is something special you have to do with OpenMP, with
> pthreads there is nothing special one needs to do, apart from making
> sure your code is such that multiple threads can actually run at once
> (i.e. they are not blocking each other for shared resources).

I am using OpenMP because it is easy and coincides with some stuff
I am already doing.  I will take a look at Pthreads since my purpose
is also to see how things work.  Thanks for the suggestion.

I'm going back my cave for a while to take a look at a few things. If
I have any FreeBSD specific questions or find something that I think is
interestig, I'll stick my head out again.

Hope the lines are better now :)

Cheers,
Brett

--