FreeBSD-6.2, SMP, coredump -- fatal trap 12 : page fault while in kernel mode, current process: (swi1:net)

Yong Rao yrao at force10networks.com
Thu Jun 14 23:37:04 UTC 2007

Hi Kris,

We are wondering if there is any connection between the core dump
failure and the options DEVICE_POLLING? In our kernel, we have options
DEVICE_POLLING, and in our driver (Ethernet) we have the
ether_poll_register() function (not registered yet). Do you know if
there is any problem with this? (Using polling mode and SMP
simultaneously)

Thanks,
Yong