SMP Issue on Intel Core Duo (thinkpad T60)

B. Estrade estrabd+freebsd-smp at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 04:14:00 UTC 2007

Greetings, I recently performed a fresh installation on a *new*
Thinkpad T60, and I noticed that the boot up was going unusually slow.
 I grep'd dmesg, and found the following issues regarding the CPUs.
Is this indicitive of hardware failure or is there an issue with
FreeBSD?  I am inclinded to assume the former, but I needed some more
eyes.

$ uname -a
FreeBSD o0o.o0o.edu 6.2-STABLE FreeBSD 6.2-STABLE #1: Sat Feb 10
10:50:07 UTC 2007

$ dmesg | grep -i CPU
CPU: Genuine Intel(R) CPU           T2500  @ 2.00GHz (1995.02-MHz
686-class CPU)FreeBSD/SMP: Multiprocessor System Detected: 2 CPUs
 cpu0 (BSP): APIC ID:  0
 cpu1 (AP): APIC ID:  1
cpu0: <ACPI CPU> on acpi0
acpi_throttle0: <ACPI CPU Throttling> on cpu0
cpu1: <ACPI CPU> on acpi0
acpi_throttle1: <ACPI CPU Throttling> on cpu1
SMP: AP CPU #1 Launched!

That is it - no "CPU #0 Launched!" ...

Thanks!
Brett