request for review: backport of sx and rwlocks from 7.0 to 6-stable

Alfred Perlstein alfred at freebsd.org
Fri Aug 31 01:13:06 PDT 2007

Hi guys,

Some work here at work was approved for sharing with community so
I'm posting it here in hope of a review.

We run some pretty good stress testing on our code, so I think it's
pretty solid.

My only concern is that I've tried my best to preserve kernel source
API, but not binary compat though a few simple #defines.

I can make binary compat, in albeit a somewhat confusing manner, but
that will require some rototilling and weird renaming of calls to
the sleepq and turnstile code.  In short, I'd rather not, but I will
if you think it's something that should be done.

There's also a few placeholders for lock profiling which I will
very likely be backporting shortly as well.

Patch is attached.

Comments/questions?

--
- Alfred Perlstein