Intel MB 965 - problem

Teodorescu George mariaci_21 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 23 00:05:28 PDT 2006

I have a Core2Duo with a intel motherboard (DG965RY). I have read on the internet that nither bsd or linux don't support this MB. Is that true?

My problem is that when I want to install FreeBSD, I configure all the options but when I choose the install media (meaning CD-rom) it says that in the system there isn't any CD or DVD drive.

I've bought this computer special for useing freebsd and windows. So please help me iy you have any idea.

PS: The BIOS is up to date. I have read that on linux it is needed to load into the memory a driver... don't know... :(