question,about this OS

Attilio Rao attilio at freebsd.org
Thu Nov 9 14:22:39 UTC 2006

2006/11/9, mark <djwangping at gmail.com>:

> Hello, First,thank you for your job.I think FreeBsd is very perfect OS.
>

> Now,I will introduce myself. I am a student from china. You can call me
> Mark.
>

> When I setup it,,I have some questions.
>

> Can this OS support Dual-CORE intel CPU??

Yes.
In order to exploit all the better SMP functionalities, enable SMP
(and PREEMPTION) for a new kernel compilation
(http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/kernelconfig.html).

Attilio

PS: I've heard about the possibility to port the FreeBSD handbook into
chinese language, but I'm unsure about the results...