FreeBSD crashes on dual core pentium. Help!

John Baldwin jhb at freebsd.org
Wed Apr 19 11:38:33 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 19 April 2006 04:01 am, Dmitri Goldstein wrote:
> Can anybody help me?
>
> I have Pentium D920 on Asus P5ND2 SLI with NForce 4 SLI Intel edition.
> This processor is Dual Core!
> At last weekend I tried to install a new 6.1-RC1 but unsuccessfull.
> At first I tried 6.1-RC1 amd64 (for EM64T support)
> The notmal UP kernel start successfull.
> The SMP kernel crashes after "SMP: cpu #1 Lunched..." I get "kernel trap 12
> with interrupts disabled." If I turn off the HT in BIOS both UP and SMP
> kernel start successfull. Yesterday I tried also 6.0-RELEASE - with the
> same result. 6.0-RELEASE i386 smp - same result. The SMP kernel with
> customisations, such as IPFIREWALL, NETGRAPH etc, starts successfull but
> during 1s-12h craches with the same message "kernel trap 12 with interrupts
> disabled."
>
> Please HELP me!!!

Can you use a serial console to capture the dmesg along with the crash
messages?  If you could compile DDB into the kernel and get a stack trace
that would also be very helpful.  We can't do anything without more details
however.

--
John Baldwin <jhb at FreeBSD.org>  <><  http://www.FreeBSD.org/~jhb/
"Power Users Use the Power to Serve"  =  http://www.FreeBSD.org