Poor network performance in 5.4 AMD64 Snap 8 with SMP support

JoaoBR joao at matik.com.br
Sun Oct 16 16:07:12 PDT 2005

On Sunday 16 October 2005 19:55, you wrote:
> I'm able to acheive 30-40MB/s with ftp transfer, but the load would be
> above 2. As a NFS server I never got more than 4-5MB/s transferrate for
> sequential access and the load was around two. With 6.0-RC1 the load is
> 0 during nfs test and only 0.30 during a ftp transfer with 40-50MB/s

thank's,  but I have no compare here
 I do not run nfs but know that this depends lot of special server/client
configurations.
I do not have this much traffic in any of our POPs
The traffic I said (6-10MB/s) is what goes through this servers and it is
normal ISP traffic, the ftp I have is not to/from but through this servers
and part of the total. My servers are gateways with several NICs.

João