FreeBSD unstable on Dell 1750 using SMP?

Rutger Bevaart rutger.bevaart at illian.net
Mon Nov 14 05:17:03 PST 2005

Will turning off USB inhibit my ability to use the DRAC console
redirection (not the GUI webbased applet but the text-console you can
access through ssh)?

Also, if I remember correctly the IRQ's can be reshuffled using ACPI,
right? Couldn't the IRQ sharing conflict be resolved that way?

Regards,
Rutger

On Mon, November 14, 2005 13:26, BZ said:
> 2005/11/14, Rutger Bevaart <rutger.bevaart at illian.net>:
>>
>> We have a Dell 2850 running 5.3 which has exactly the same symptom,
>> although a lot less frequently. It has two intel embedded NICs (em
>> driver)
>> as opposed to the Broadcoms (bge). Another 1750 we have runs 4.11 and
>> also
>> reboots automatically every few days.
>>
>> Could it be a bug in ACPI or something?
>>
>> Would be happy if some rc.conf option enabled dumping of a crash.log if
>> somebody would be kind enough to do an educated analysis of it :-)
>
> I have same problems on 2850
> You just need disable USB support in BIOS and check IRQ of RAID
> controller. If you see RAID and NIC on same IRQ or near, plase change
> IRQ for this devices in BIOS.

Rutger Bevaart :: illian.networks