Multi CPU support in 6.0

David Landgren david at landgren.net
Tue Nov 8 09:59:20 PST 2005

And Kris Kennaway did write:

> On Tue, Nov 08, 2005 at 06:47:47PM +0100, David Landgren wrote:

[...]

>>Are there any obvious additions or subtractions from a 5.x kernel
>>configuration file? Is ADAPTIVE_GIANT now obsolete?
>

> I think you still want it - it was a net win the last time I measured
> it.  That's it though, really.

Thanks for the quick response. So, I'll leave that in.

I've diffed GENERIC and my current config, and I see two new items to add:

   options        PREEMPTIONpreemption
   options        COMPAT_FREEBSD5

Once I've rebuilt all ports, I could remove COMPAT_FREEBSD5 on a second
rebuild, right?

I assume pf and ALTQ traffic shaping remain the same? That's about the
only other difference to my kernel.

   device pf
   device pflog
   device pfsync