Strange SMP/HTT issue

Stephen Montgomery-Smith stephen at math.missouri.edu
Thu May 19 17:39:22 PDT 2005

I just upgraded to a very recent RELENG_5 (like 2 days ago).  I have a
dual Xeon with HTT enabled.  The funny thing is that top only displays
'C' as '0' or '2' suggesting that some of the 4 logical CPU's are not
running.  Also, my multiply running programs only run half as fast.

I went back to an older RELENG_5 (as of May 2), and the problem cleared
itself up.

Maybe someone has already fixed this issue.  Just thought you guys
should know just in case someone wasn't on it already.

Stephen