HP Netserver LT 6000r

David King ketralnis at ketralnis.dyndns.org
Wed May 18 00:15:06 PDT 2005

In case anyone was burning with anticipation, I did get this up and
running. You must turn off the interrupt reservation in the "PCI Device
Settings" in the BIOS, it also helps to upgrade the BIOS to 4.06.45.
For the install to recognise the SCSI devices (I did this with the
NetRAID turned OFF), you'll need to start the install with ACPI
disabled. I don't know about after the install, since I just left it
off. By the way, this was far easier with FreeBSD than it was with
NetBSD, Linux, or Solaris 9 (I finally decided on FreeBSD, since it's
my Operating System of choice anyway), so some serious kudos to the
developers! I don't have SMP working yet, but I will try that next. It
/would/ be nice to be able to compile the SMP kernel with SMP enabled,
though :)

--David King