Stability of RELENG_5_4 with dual Xeon

Jorge Aldana jorge at salk.edu
Mon May 16 17:57:35 PDT 2005

Well now I don't feel alone.

5.2.1, 5.3, 5.4 I've gotten to lock up a workstation, with Nvidia-driver as well
though, htt-on, htt-off, only SHED_4BSD . Now with a new NetApp server amd
locks up as well but not the whole workstation, mounts to other servers ok, nfs
issue. Our FreeBSD count is getting low now due to these issues.

All I need is a howto on getting the dump for the NFS issue so I can send
something but on the lockups are total lockups, nothing in the logs its like
somebody shot a freeze gun on the system, a hard reboot then its back (after a
fsck on the system disk) but nothing in the log as if time stopped....

Help!

Jorge