FreeBSD-SA-05:09.htt.asc

H. S. security at revolutionsp.com
Fri May 13 04:12:39 PDT 2005

Hi,

The advisory isn't very clear on the point I'm making, so, I'd like a
confirmation of the following.

I have a dual xeon 2.4 server, with HTT disabled in the BIOS:

CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 2.40GHz (2399.33-MHz 686-class CPU)
  Hyperthreading: 2 logical CPUs
FreeBSD/SMP: Multiprocessor System Detected: 2 CPUs
SMP: AP CPU #1 Launched!

>From the advisory:

"A security flaw involving operating systems running on Hyper-Threading
Technology processors was has been reported."

Well, this  server CPUs surely run processors with HTT technology, it's
just not being used, disabled directly in the BIOS. Am I still vulnerable
to this flaw?