Assignmet of CPUs

David Landgren david at landgren.net
Thu Jun 2 14:09:53 PDT 2005

Dave Stephens wrote:
> The main problem I see with using temperature is that the ability to
> detect CPU temp. is a feature limited to "more modern" machines.  It
> has become very common even in desktops now a days, but it wouldn't be
> available in legacy hardware or custom hardware.
>
> Just a thought.

Well, round-robin startup would at least be better than always using one
process to start all processes. That would go some of the way towards
improving asymmetric heating. (Says me, whose knowledge of kernel
scheduling could be written on the face of a chip and still leave room
for footnotes...)

David

[...]